We’re powering the store of the future
Brick & mortar accounts for 86% of all retail sales, but has been underinvested amidst a wave of innovation in e-commerce. At Clerk, we're bridging this gap by building digital infrastructure for the retail ecosystem that enables more transparent, efficient, and profitable store operations.
Grocery TV is Clerk's core marketing product, and the largest digital out-of-home (DOOH) advertising network in grocery, with an initial focus on point-of-sale advertising displays. The vision for the Grocery TV product is to make it easier for advertisers to reach their audience at every key point along the retail shopping journey.
About the role
Clerk is hiring our first product manager. This individual will collaborate closely with our CEO and senior product designer to translate the product vision into an actionable strategy. Our ideal candidate is perceptive, creative, and enjoys breaking apart and solving complex problems.
- Create and implement a product development process that allows us to thoughtfully + rapidly execute on our commitments.
- Connect with customers to foster empathy for their challenges and represent that feedback to the team.
- Use data, team input, and customer feedback to shape the product strategy, features, and requirements.
- Collaborate with the leadership team to craft product plans and roadmaps.
- Partner closely with Sales, Marketing, Design, Engineering, and Operations to ensure product launches are well-planned and communicated.
- Identify and plan for cross-dependencies, so everyone feels confident in their role in the product development process, including the milestones and success criteria.
- Advocate for a product culture of continuous learning, reflection, and documentation.
- As our first full-time product manager, you’ll play a key role in developing our product roadmap and product development process.
- There’s the potential to grow into a leadership role as an individual contributor or product team lead.
- You bring 4+ years of experience as a product manager, ideally at a startup.
- You have experience in product lifecycle management, software development, and program management.
- Nice-to-have: You’ve worked in digital-out-of-home, advertising tech, retail tech, or with physical products.
- You’ve built something new from scratch and have a track record of building, shipping, and iterating on products/significant features that users love.
- You have demonstrated experience building product roadmaps and managing cross-functional teams to deliver these products.
- You have strong analytical skills and an aptitude for data-driven decision-making.
- You’re a compelling storyteller and have hands-on experience getting prospects + customers excited about a product roadmap.
As a part of our commitment to transparency, we use a market-based formula that provides consistency across roles & experience levels and publish all of our compensation data internally for our team. We’re open to a range of experience levels for this position. Here are the annual salaries for each level:
- Product Manager: $131,000
- Sr. Product Manager I: $148,000
- Sr. Product Manager II: $163,000
In our first conversation, we’ll discuss what level best aligns with your experience.
- One of Austin's Best Companies to Work for in 2022
- A Trusted JobSage Employer
- Strong team values in transparency, ownership, people, and teamwork
- Passionate, high-achieving teammates excited to help you succeed and learn
- Competitive pay and salary transparency
- Generous time-off programs (including parental leave)
- Flexible work schedule
- Daily catered lunch
- Our own (amazing) space in East Austin
- Quarterly offsites and an annual retreat
Ready to start?
Our Senior Recruiter, Christy, would love to meet you and walk you through our interview process. To connect with her, start with our quick application and she will be in touch with you shortly!
Feeling imposter syndrome? Reach out to us!
We're happy to help you better understand the role and what we're looking for.