We’re powering the store of the future
Brick & mortar accounts for 86% of all retail sales, but has been underinvested amidst a wave of innovation in e-commerce. At Clerk, we're bridging this gap by building digital infrastructure for the retail ecosystem that enables more transparent, efficient, and profitable store operations.
Grocery TV is Clerk's core marketing product, and the largest digital out-of-home (DOOH) advertising network in grocery, with an initial focus on point-of-sale advertising displays. The vision for the Grocery TV product is to make it easier for advertisers to reach their audience at every key point along the retail shopping journey.
About the role
We are looking for a Retail Account Manager to join Grocery TV.
As a member of our Accounts team, you'll ensure our continued success and growth by managing the happiness and loyalty of our customers. You'll be one of the primary drivers for account renewals and creating cross-sell and upsell expansion opportunities. By working directly with our customers, you'll identify new product features and develop strong, long-term relationships with our partners.
- Guide our Grocery TV partners through a top-notch onboarding experience and build strong relationships with them over time.
- Use your consulting skills to identify customer challenges and provide opportunities to meet business needs and grow our partnerships.
- Be the champion for all Grocery TV partners to ensure top-notch customer service.
- Collaborate with a cross-functional team that includes Sales and Operations, all working to make sure client needs are anticipated and met
- Monitor campaigns to ensure the account is pacing well relative to budgets and targets
- Retain and grow revenue from your book of business of existing advertisers
This role will use a modern toolkit to support our customer needs and work closely with a variety of teams, both internal and external. Our Grocery TV clients range from regional businesses to national CPG brands who will look to you as the primary point of contact.
On the Grocery TV Accounts team, there will be many opportunities for learning new skills and tools, both on the job and through more structured settings like online training or conferences.
- 3+ years of experience in account management or customer success-related roles, preferably with sales responsibilities
- Bonus: Knowledge of the advertising industry, preferably digital or out-of-home
- Demonstrable success in retention and renewals in your previous roles
- Comfortable presenting information to clients and decision-makers with confidence & enthusiasm
- Excellent listening and relationship-building skills
- Detail-oriented and an appreciation for organization
- Ability to work and collaborate with a small, fast-paced team
- Love for the startup environment and building new things
As a part of our commitment to transparency, we use a market-based formula that provides consistency across roles & experience levels and publish all of our compensation data internally for our team. We’re open to a range of experience levels for this position. Here are the annual salaries for each level:
- Account Manager I: $94,000
- Account Manager II: $105,000
- Sr. Account Manager I: $133,000
In our first conversation, we’ll discuss what level best aligns with your experience.
- One of Austin's Best Companies to Work for in 2022
- A Trusted JobSage Employer
- Strong team values in transparency, ownership, people, and teamwork
- Passionate, high-achieving teammates excited to help you succeed and learn
- Competitive pay + equity and salary transparency
- Generous time-off programs (including parental leave)
- Flexible work schedule
- Our own (amazing) space in East Austin
- Quarterly offsites and an annual retreat
Ready to start?
Our People Team would love to meet you and walk you through our interview process. To connect, start with our quick application, and we'll be in touch with you shortly!
Feeling imposter syndrome? Reach out to us!
We're happy to help you better understand the role and what we're looking for.