We’re powering the store of the future
Brick & mortar accounts for 86% of all retail sales, but has been underinvested amidst a wave of innovation in e-commerce. At Clerk, we're bridging this gap by building digital infrastructure for the retail ecosystem that enables more transparent, efficient, and profitable store operations.
Grocery TV is Clerk's core marketing product, and the largest digital out-of-home (DOOH) advertising network in grocery, with an initial focus on point-of-sale advertising displays. The vision for the Grocery TV product is to make it easier for advertisers to reach their audience at every key point along the retail shopping journey.
About the role
Sitting at the intersection of digital media, digital out of home and retail media, we are looking for an Account Executive to passionately evangelize Grocery TV’s digital in-store media solutions with some of the nation’s largest advertisers and media agencies.
Reporting directly to the Media Sales Director, you will operate and own your book of business from top to bottom, determining and refining the proper strategy, approach and execution. By building sustainable long-term partnerships with brands and agencies, you will be responsible for driving revenue to grow the Grocery TV business. You’ll also be instrumental in working closely with leadership to represent the voice of the customer to improve product offerings and drive outcomes for our clients.
- Hit revenue targets by consultatively representing the Grocery TV offering with agencies and brands
- Build and own the relationship with some of the largest advertising agencies and brands in the country
- Develop and implement a personal plan to achieve revenue targets
- Be responsible for a full sales cycle from prospecting to networking to pitching and closing deals
- Be an evangelist of the Grocery TV brand to buyers in your territory
- Use CRM to manage sales funnel, measure activity and as the CEO of your business, determine metrics that are best predictors of success
- Opportunity to build upon a business with product-market fit
- Manage a growing book of business with proven success
- Opportunity to grow with a scaling team in one of the fastest-growing industries in advertising, Retail Media.
- Be a pivotal part in building the future of the in-store retail environment.
- You have experience calling on at least one of the following agencies in a media sales or mar-tech function (WPP, IPG, Publicis, Omnicom, Havas, Horizon, or Dentsu)
- You have a track record of hitting sales targets, building client relationships and closing deals over $100K+ across a variety of verticals
- You have strong presentation skills and are comfortable with executive interaction
- You have a baseline understanding of programmatic advertising
- You take ownership of your book of business, are solution oriented and are strong-willed to succeed
- You maintain a positive attitude, enjoy work and show persistence in the face of adversity.
- You have a passion for marketing, media, or advertising
- Experience in the digital or CTV space is nice to have
- Previous startup experience is a plus
As a part of our commitment to transparency, we use a market-based formula that provides consistency across roles & experience levels and publish all of our compensation data internally for our team. We’re open to a range of experience levels for this position. Here are the annual salaries for each level:
- Sr Account Executive I: Salary of $135,000 + Variable compensation, OTE: $270,000
- Sr Account Executive II: Salary of $149,000 + Variable compensation, OTE: $298,000
- Sr Account Executive III: Salary of $163,000 + Variable compensation, OTE: $326,000
In our initial conversation, we’ll discuss what level best aligns with your experience.
- One of Austin's Best Companies to Work for in 2022
- A Trusted JobSage Employer
- Strong team values in transparency, ownership, people, and teamwork
- Passionate, high-achieving teammates excited to help you succeed and learn
- Competitive pay and salary transparency
- Generous time-off programs (including parental leave)
- Flexible work schedule
- Daily catered lunch
- Our own (amazing) space in East Austin
- Quarterly offsites and an annual retreat
Ready to start?
Our Senior Recruiter, Christy, would love to meet you and walk you through our interview process. To connect with her, start with our quick application and she will be in touch with you shortly!
Feeling imposter syndrome? Reach out to us!
We're happy to help you better understand the role and what we're looking for.