We’re powering the store of the future
Brick & mortar accounts for 86% of all retail sales, but has been underinvested amidst a wave of innovation in e-commerce. At Clerk, we're bridging this gap by building digital infrastructure for the retail ecosystem that enables more transparent, efficient, and profitable store operations.
Grocery TV is Clerk's core marketing product, and the largest digital out-of-home (DOOH) advertising network in grocery, with an initial focus on point-of-sale advertising displays. The vision for the Grocery TV product is to make it easier for advertisers to reach their audience at every key point along the retail shopping journey.
About the role
Clerk is looking for an experienced IT Manager to oversee our office infrastructure and support the growing Clerk team. You will work cross-functionally to support the needs of both our in-office and remote employees, as well as work closely with our Engineering and People teams to understand and manage the networking needs of our office.
The Clerk team is primarily based here in Austin, with a handful of remote employees. For this role, we're looking for someone who enjoys the office environment and face-to-face interactions. We expect you to be in the office daily, as this is a role that is in direct support of the office and its equipment.
- Maintain network access in office, including managing network hubs, switches, access points, hard point access and cabling
- Provide high bandwidth through the Clerk office including support for our devices
- Maintain sub-networks to support device access from Operations and Engineering
- Manage and monitor ISP and work with building ownership to ensure high bandwidth and availability to the office
- Support the various devices in the office that help maintain high productivity, including
- Conferencing for meeting rooms
- Door access
- AV equipment
- Displays and Monitors
- Provide assistance to Operations and Engineering in configuring and setting up test racks and displays for device verification
- Work with our engineers to validate network and bandwidth requirements for Clerk devices
- Maintain, manage and provide cost-controls for office networking equipment and devices
- Implement a high level of network security through VPN, Firewall and other means
- Support office security and safety through alarm systems, camera monitoring, and alerting
- Maintain access rights and control for all employees and contractors to network, devices, and physical access
- Maintain software licensing costs for all employees such as Office 360, DataGrip, Adobe Photoshop, and Hubspot
- Manage a high-level security for documents and IP through systems such as 1Password, G-Suite Apps, Github, and Notion
- Work with Engineering and Operations to set up, maintain and test in-office devices, working closely with the team to understand the impacts of network, power, and bandwidth
- Assist in the creation and support of an inventory system for Clerk office assets (equipment, laptops, cameras, appliances) as well as Clerk devices
- Provide general support to the office manager and people team for setting up conference rooms, maintaining a clean and organized office environment, and keeping the workplace productive
- Support people's requests such as ordering and setting up devices, computers etc
- Offer general help for moving of office equipment and setup of desks, furniture, and other office equipment
- You are not afraid to get your hands dirty and start solving problems and issues
- A job worth doing is a job worth doing right
- You are not looking for a role where everything is figured out for you—you thrive on ambiguity and relish the opportunity to identify and solve problems
- You understand our business and have a strong alignment with our values
- Prior experience setting up office infrastructure including networking, IoT and security devices
- Deep knowledge of routers, network switches, access points and hubs
- Experience with UniFi systems
- Understanding of monitor cost controls around software and hardware, including AWS, licensing, asset management and office equipment
- Experience with security systems including firewalls, VPN, cameras, and alarms
- Plus: Vendor management experience and working with ISPs, security monitoring, and customer support
As a part of our commitment to transparency, we use a market-based formula that provides consistency across roles & experience levels and publish all of our compensation data internally for our team
- IT Specialist III $128,000
- Senior IT Specialist I $140,000
- One of Austin's Best Companies to Work for in 2022
- A Trusted JobSage Employer
- Strong team values in transparency, ownership, people, and teamwork
- Passionate, high-achieving teammates excited to help you succeed and learn
- Competitive pay and salary transparency
- Generous time-off programs (including parental leave)
- Flexible work schedule
- Daily catered lunch
- Our own (amazing) space in East Austin
- Quarterly offsites and an annual retreat
Ready to start?
Our Senior Recruiter, Christy, would love to meet you and walk you through our interview process. To connect with her, start with our quick application and she will be in touch with you shortly!
Feeling imposter syndrome? Reach out to us!
We're happy to help you better understand the role and what we're looking for.