We’re powering the store of the future
Brick & mortar accounts for 86% of all retail sales, but has been underinvested amidst a wave of innovation in e-commerce. At Clerk, we're bridging this gap by building digital infrastructure for the retail ecosystem that enables more transparent, efficient, and profitable store operations.
Grocery TV is Clerk's core marketing product, and the largest digital out-of-home (DOOH) advertising network in grocery, with an initial focus on point-of-sale advertising displays. The vision for the Grocery TV product is to make it easier for advertisers to reach their audience at every key point along the retail shopping journey.
About the role
Clerk is hiring its first Head of Product to join our leadership team. We're looking for someone who's process-minded, a compelling storyteller, and ready to grow their impact.
- Be the voice for the customer perspective and rally the company around the product vision.
- Lead customer interviews to build empathy and inform the market need + product roadmap.
- Translate customer challenges into the product development process.
- Act as the product expert in prospect and customer discussions.
- Collaborate with Clerk’s co-founders on the product vision and turn that into an actionable product strategy that balances our short-term + long-term business goals.
- Own the product development process — identify, scope, and prioritize work.
- Iterate and evolve the product to scale, incorporate innovation, and anticipate future customer needs.
- Be a glue between teams to intentionally include and loop in Sales, Marketing, Design, Operations, and Engineering, so everyone feels heard and in the know.
- Communicate with Engineering leadership to ensure both teams clearly understand requirements, accountability, and Clerk’s practices.
- Collaborate with the leadership team to ensure cross-functional launches happen on schedule and dependencies are identified early.
- Lead Clerk’s product + design teams and empower them to rapidly deliver upon commitments.
- Nurture a product culture of continuous learning, reflection, and documentation
- Once you’ve established a product development process, you'll build a product team.
- Join Clerk as the product voice on the leadership team and receive support to grow into an executive position.
- You have 8+ years of product management experience, including 2+ as a product leader.
- Nice-to-have: You’ve worked in digital-out-of-home, advertising tech, retail tech, or similar.
- Nice-to-have: You have experience developing physical products.
- You’ve developed a product from the ground up and have a track record of building, shipping, and iterating on products/significant features that users love.
- You have demonstrated experience building product roadmaps and coordinating cross-functional teams to deliver these products.
- You have strong analytical skills and an aptitude for data-driven decision-making.
- You’re a compelling storyteller and have hands-on experience getting prospects + customers excited about a product roadmap.
- You can navigate uncertainty and connect the dots to find a path forward.
- You’re a career champion with proven experience in leading, coaching, and guiding teams to be high-performing.
- You possess a strong work ethic and are motivated to continually learn and grow.
- You’re willing to jump into a scaling startup environment.
As a part of our commitment to transparency, we use a market-based formula that provides consistency across roles + experience levels and publish all of our compensation data internally for our team. We’re open to a range of experience levels for this position. Here are the annual salaries for each level:
- Sr. Manager: $179,000
- Director: $197,000
- Sr. Director: $206,000
In our first conversation, we’ll discuss what level best aligns with your experience.
- One of Austin's Best Companies to Work for in 2022
- A Trusted JobSage Employer
- Strong team values in transparency, ownership, people, and teamwork
- Passionate, high-achieving teammates excited to help you succeed and learn
- Competitive pay and salary transparency
- Generous time-off programs (including parental leave)
- Flexible work schedule
- Daily catered lunch
- Our own (amazing) space in East Austin
- Quarterly offsites and an annual retreat
Ready to start?
Our Senior Recruiter, Christy, would love to meet you and walk you through our interview process. To connect with her, start with our quick application and she will be in touch with you shortly!
Feeling imposter syndrome? Reach out to us!
We're happy to help you better understand the role and what we're looking for.