We’re powering the store of the future
Brick & mortar accounts for 86% of all retail sales, but has been underinvested amidst a wave of innovation in e-commerce. At Clerk, we're bridging this gap by building digital infrastructure for the retail ecosystem that enables more transparent, efficient, and profitable store operations.
Grocery TV is Clerk's core marketing product, and the largest digital out-of-home (DOOH) advertising network in grocery, with an initial focus on point-of-sale advertising displays. The vision for the Grocery TV product is to make it easier for advertisers to reach their audience at every key point along the retail shopping journey.
About the role
Clerk is looking for a Frontend Engineer to help design, develop, grow and maintain our retail platform. As a member of the Clerk Engineering team, you'll work closely with engineering leadership, product, operations, and the business team to support the variety of applications hosted by Clerk. You'll also have the chance to work on the next generation of applications.
The Clerk team is primarily based in Austin, with a handful of remote employees. For this role, we are looking for someone who enjoys the office environment and face-to-face interactions. We expect you to be in the office at least 2-3 days per week, with greater frequency in the early stages as you get to know our team and systems.
About your new team
You'll be a core engineering team member, reporting directly to the VP of Engineering. Our founders built our company and its products - they continue to take an active role in the company's evolution and technical direction. We expect you to help shape and guide the next generation of Clerk's products while continuing to support its existing customer base.
ResponsibilitiesDesign, develop and maintain high-quality web applications for our customers
- Work on the variety of web applications that are supported by Clerk and serve our Retailers, Advertisers, Operations team, and Regional/National Marketers
- Drive improvements around performance, user experience, and functionality
- Continue to develop new features and functionality based on the needs of our customers, users, and internal teams
- Support new initiatives around content creation, data and metric dashboards, and campaign creation
- Participate in the revamping of the user experience around the core Platform
- Address bugs, issues, and shortcomings of the current application and collaborate with other team members to resolve them in a timely manner
- Investigate new paths for delivering content to Clerk displays and devices across the nation
- Identify, triage and address existing issues or anomalies around challenges in delivering a truly distributed solution
- 2+ years of experience working with React or Vue.js
- 3+ years of experience working in software development
- Proven experience in building responsive web design applications
- Proficiency in progressive web applications development
- Solid understanding of the software development life cycle and Agile methodologies
- Curiosity and drive to take on new challenges and see them through to completion
- Experience with Expo framework or similar technologies is a plus
- Experience in functional programming design patterns is a plus
- Experience working with ad services or advertising is a strong plus
- You love taking things from idea to scale with a strong eye toward delivery
- You're excited by the prospect and challenge of being given problems to solve
- You understand our business and have a strong alignment with our values
- You're not looking for a role where everything is figured out for you—you thrive in environments where there is ambiguity and relish the opportunity to solve problems
- You understand the importance of balancing business objectives and employee experience
As a part of our commitment to transparency, we use a market-based formula that provides consistency across roles & experience levels and publish all of our compensation data internally for our team. We’re open to a range of experience levels for this position. Here are the annual salaries for each level:
- Frontend Engineer II: $127,000
- Sr. Frontend Engineer I: $148,000
- Sr. Frontend Engineer II: $163,000
- Staff Engineer: $179,000
In our first conversation, we’ll discuss what level best aligns with your experience.
- One of Austin's Best Companies to Work for in 2022
- A Trusted JobSage Employer
- Strong team values in transparency, ownership, people, and teamwork
- Passionate, high-achieving teammates excited to help you succeed and learn
- Competitive pay and salary transparency
- Generous time-off programs (including parental leave)
- Flexible work schedule
- Our own (amazing) space in East Austin
- Quarterly offsites and an annual retreat
Ready to learn more about the Clerk team?
We would love to meet you and walk you through our interview process. To connect with us, start with our quick application and we'll be in touch with you shortly!
Feeling imposter syndrome? Reach out to us!
We're happy to help you better understand the role and what we're looking for.